NSI's greatest asset is our people. Our network of consultants, thought leaders, experts and advisors are the cornerstone of our business, carrying unparalleled experience at the intersection of business and government. We provide companies with the strategy, insight and execution to navigate complex procurement, public affairs and legislative and regulatory processes of federal, state and local government.
We not only collaborate with our clients and partners, but drive and lead transformational change. Our team focuses on results by strategically working with our clients to generate over $7.3 billion in new revenue since 1995. From Fortune 100 companies to small start-ups, NSI has a proven ability to transform our clients' business. We are committed to our own sustained business performance and innovation as well as our clients' achieving their business objectives.
NSI is a dynamic, diverse mix of individuals. We are entrepreneurial, strategic and resourceful. We bring creative approaches and proven methodologies to our clients that have helped shape U.S. public policy, strategy, processes and services across eight practice areas that include Education, Energy, Financial Services, Infrastructure, Health Care and Human Services, Homeland Security and Public Safety, Sustainability, and Technology and Telecommunications. As a member of our integrated team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in both the public and private sectors.
We are looking for individuals who possess a well rounded combination of the following characteristics and skills:
- C-level strategy (ability to sit with CEOs and top executives and provide high value insight and direction on how to grow a business or achieve key objectives)
- Consulting skills (analytic thinking, problem solving, strategic planning)
- Expertise within specific industries (SME)
- Experience in utilizing the "tools" of government -- policy development, the legislative and regulatory process, appropriations, lobbying, public affairs and relationship building -- to address complex business issues.
- Sales and business development skills (developing sales and marketing strategy and driving revenue for clients)
- Complex project/program management
- Client relationship management expertise
We are currently interviewing for the following position. Please use the form to the right to send a resume.
Director - Legislative & Government Affairs
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of consulting services to provide superior value to customers in a way that helps governments solve their most pressing problems in new and innovative ways. Experience in consulting, government sales and marketing, legislative and regulatory activities, and effective networking skills are essential for any candidate to succeed at this position.
Candidate will lead and manage client relationships and projects, coordinate communications between business and government professionals; and crafting strategy and solutions for successful client engagements. The candidate must also be creative, a good problem solver, an excellent communicator, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects. The individual must demonstrate initiative and ability to work effectively and independently in a fast paced environment and lead service teams. The ability to communicate clearly the demands and issues of clients and operate on a strategic level to offer initiatives to position projects is a priority.
Other essential requirements include having at least seven to ten years experience in government and/or business and previous track of managing projects successfully.
The responsibilities include:
- Serving as a key strategy lead on client solutions and having the ability to deliver an understanding of state and local government processes.
- Developing distinctive positioning of clients capabilities and potential.
- Providing input to marketing programs, conducting business development tasks, and developing the client services capabilities.
- Leading teams to develop and execute integrated marketing and public affairs campaigns that promote clients' thought leadership, solutions, and overall market growth goals.
- Crafting strategy and solutions for clients.
- Participating in the company's strategic market planning.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Compensation package will be a combination of fixed and variable rates based on bonus and profit sharing.
Managing Director - Financial Services Practice
NSI, a division of Interpoint Group, an established and growing national business and public policy consulting firm that supports companies in the intersection of commerce and government by improving their sales performance and assisting with government relations activities within U.S. federal, state & local governments is seeking an experienced, organized and entrepreneurial individual to lead and manage the growth of its Financial Services practice. We are searching for an Executive to lead our growing Financial Services Practice. The position's focus is on both government relations as well as government marketing. Ideal candidates should have expertise in both the government and the private sector, with experience in public sector sales organizations and/or government affairs/relations departments preferred. This person needs to be a recognized leader within the government markets and/or government relations consulting industry within the Financial Services sector.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Serving as a subject matter expert/thought leader
- Recruiting new clients to the firm;
- Developing and executing business development plans;
- Leading strategy development and overseeing program execution on behalf of clients in the sector practice;
- Building the sector practice, including recruitment of employees and management of the team;
- Interacting with other senior leaders within the firm to build the company;
- Overseeing the service and business initiatives to ensure all company goals are attained.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10-15 years experience in a related field. This individual will have a demonstrated record of achieving tough, demanding goals and an ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Excellent business development, organizational, leadership and development skills are a must and exposure to managing government relations and / or government sales initiatives is required. Broad requirements for the position will be:
- Develop & direct practice business development strategy
- Develop & direct personnel and practice development
- Develop position as a subject matter expert through events and other opportunities
Senior Project Manager
We are currently interviewing for a Senior Project Manager, which will be based in our Washington, DC office. Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Understanding of current political, regulatory, and budgetary environments and their potential impacts on government vendors, particularly their business development pipelines.
- Understanding of how the "tools" of government ― policy development, the legislative and regulatory process, appropriations, lobbying, public affairs, grants and loan guarantees and relationship building ― can be used to address complex business issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to design and produce written client deliverables for key corporate decision-makers.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex issues to C-Suite and Board level executives.
- Proven project management experience, including contract administration, project planning, team supervision, subcontractor and consultant management, and project financial management.
- A master's or professional degree is highly desired.
The position requires a minimum 10 years experience in professional consulting or government service, with expertise in one of NSI's seven practice areas. Project management certification is desired but not required.